Friday, May 6, 2011

RyanAir is dumb!

I HATE RYANAIR!
Yes, they have amazingly cheap tickets, but everything else about them is completely ridiculous. So today we were supposed to leave for Alghero, Italy. I was so excited. After last weekend this was something I really needed! I was looking forward to laying out on the beach for days and not worrying about anything. And everything came together so nicely. Our tickets were 12 euro a piece, we got a nice hotel for cheap. So then today we wake up and check in online. We had a hard time printing off our boarding passes, but finally we got it done. We were on our way to the airport and we were running a little bit late but it was okay because we had enough time to get to our flight. After literally jogging about a mile (long term parking was far away) we get to desk to check in. We show him our boarding passes and he tells us they are our return passes (the only ones we had). So finally he tells us he can print them off for us but they are going to be 40 euro a piece. Yea it was going to be 80 euro for TWO PIECES OF PAPER. Oh well, I didn't care as long as we were going to get onto our flight. So then he goes to print them off and says "you are checked in". Ummmm...... yes, yes we are! Okay so what would a normal airline do? Check you right there.. right? Ryanair is no normal airline. He tells us that since we are running late already that there is no way we can get onto this flight and directs us to a ticket help desk. Mind you this is still about 20 minutes before our plane was actually leaving. So everyone else goes ahead and goes to the flight and we go to the help desk. They tell us that you have to be checked in online 4 hours before your flight and not a minute later (we checked in 3 1/2 hours before our flight). So when we checked in it didn't process that we had checked in for our flight today, only for our returning flight on Monday.. which is why we only got our return boarding passes. So we are like "okay well what do we need to do to get onto this flight?". Nothing.. there was "nothing" they could do for us to leave today. The only thing we could do was to get on the flight for tomorrow night which was going to be 100 euro a piece. So with that we'd be getting into Italy tomorrow night, have all day Sunday and then leave Monday morning. It just wasn't worth it to spend 200 euro for just a day and a half. After we picked up Noah and got home we checked online to see how much it'd cost to buy a one way ticket for tomorrow but it'd only be like 20 euro cheaper so we decided to nix the whole thing. Instead, we are going in June for a week, and we are bringing Noah with us (it actually cost more for Noah to go than it did for both me and Nathan). That's how Ryanair gets you. Their tickets are really cheap but it costs an arm and a leg for anything extra. Our tickets were like 25 euro a piece and one bag for Noah cost 40 euro, not to mention it was 20 euro for him to go and another 20 euro for us to bring his car seat. Oh well, I'm just happy we are going. However, I am still in a foul mood, as I'm sure you can understand.
So Monday I went in for my breast consultation. It went great. We figured out how many cc's I'm going to get and we set a date for the surgery. :) June 20th. I cannot tell you how excited I am for this. Since I can remember I've been wanting this. I think I'll feel so much better about myself. It is one of the only things I'm self conscious about. There are a few down falls though. I won't be able to lift Noah for 3 weeks after and I have to wear a sports bra for 6 months. Also, I won't be able to get pregnant for up to 8 weeks. The last isn't so bad but we were going to start trying again in July-ish time frame. September isn't bad, that'll put them almost two years apart.
Noah is just non stop growing. In some ways I love how big and independent he is, but in others, I hate it. I remember the first time I held him, that first night with him. I didn't sleep the whole night because I was so worried something would happen and I wouldn't wake up. I remember when we brought him home from the hospital and how completely exhausted I was. I remember the first whole day he spent awake. Oh man, soon he's going to be crawling and walking and be all over the place. Lately we've been testing solid foods. I gave him noodles the other day. He loved them and did so well. He loves anything he can pick up and eat on his own. I started to tear up when we were leaving him today. I have never left him over night with anyone besides my mom.. and we were going to be leaving him for 3 nights. I'm so glad we decided to bring him with us next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment