Thursday, November 25, 2010

Family

Nathan's family is here. It's been fun and hectic. They got here Friday, we went to the bazaar on base and pretty much just lounged around. Saturday we went to Cologne/Koln. We took a tour of the chocolate fountain, walked around the town center, and then saw the cathedral (which is absolutely beautiful). Sunday was Noah's baby blessing. It was such a nice feeling. My parents came to church to see it. All went well. I had a baby shower that night. Monday they went to Luxembourg to see the WWII cemetary, Bastogne to see the battle of the bulge monument, and then to Trier for the Christmas market and all the other tourist attractions. I stayed with Noah. It was cold and I didn't want him walking around all day in it. They got more packed in without us there anyways. Tuesday we drove down to Bern, Switzerland. We went through the black forest and stopped in a cute little German town which is known to have the largest coocoo clock. We got to Bern late that night. Wednesday we got up early and went to the temple there, where me and Nathan and Noah were all sealed to each other. Ofcourse that has been the high light of their trip. :)
We then drove back home last night. Today we came over to my parents house for Thanksgiving. It's nice to have family here for the holiday's. I do wish I was back in the states to go to all the Black Friday sales. It's been 4 years since I last went, way too long for me! Shopping is ofcourse my favorite hobby. But Thanksgiving was still wonderful, especially since me and Nathan were in Portugal for it last year.
Tomorrow we are going to Paris for the night. Just going to see the sights. They leave on Sunday so we come back Saturday night. Noah is staying with my parents. That will be weird. I'm positive I will cry. I'm just so attached, I can't help it. I love him too much!
I have to go get gas now so I'll write more in depth another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment