Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Season

Today is my mom's birthday. It's also John Kay's birthday.
We are going to dinner tonight and then having a small birthday party tomorrow. It's nice to have good people to surround yourself with during times like these.
I cannot believe that last year on this day I have a two month old and I was spending it with Nathan, my parents, sister, her family, and my grandma. I remember Noah had his 2 month well baby on that day also. My parents had a wine probe at their house. Man, this year has gone by so fast.
Things are so different this year. Nathan's gone, baby number two is growing in my stomach, Noah is such a big kid.
This holiday season is just lonely. Nathan's been gone for 2 weeks now. It's gotten easier but it's still hard not having him here. We aren't even having a traditional Christmas this year. It's just going to be my parents and us. We are having steak. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about that, it's just crazy because it doesn't feel like Christmas. I haven't even wrapped the majority of our presents. I just am not in the mood. I feel like the Grinch. I hope that going to church on Christmas will help bring out the spirit a little bit.
We will hopefully be in California in a week and a half. If my doctors appointment wasn't next Friday then I think we'd be trying to leave earlier. I'm ready! I cannot wait to see everyone. Caitlin's baby should be here any day. Yay! I love our BIG growing family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment