Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sick

So, I'm completely, totally, 100% sick. I can usually feel it coming on a few days ahead of time and I try to make sure I get rest and do those sorts of things to prevent it from taking over my body. Unfortunately, my efforts did not work. Here I am, throat swollen, eyes watery, head pounding, and just drained. I wish I could crawl into bed and sleep the day away. I have a child to take care of though. He's a good kid, I'm lucky for that.

I just hope it passes soon. We have a morale party on Saturday and Monday we leave for Italy.
I cannot express to you how stoked I am for Italy. I hate using the word stoked because it sounds funny coming out of my mouth but I honestly cannot think of a better word to describe my feelings.. without looking something up that is. I'm also very glad we decided to bring Noah with us this time. He's apart of our family so he deserves to go on "family trips". I just keep thinking beaches, beaches, beaches!

We recently have been trying to decide whether we want to go back to California or Spain in August. We'd really like to go back and see Patience and Audrey and all the rest of the family.. but there are so many other factors in deciding. Like one is school. Nathan hasn't decided if he wants to take online classes or not. If he takes face to face classes then he'd miss the first few weeks of the semester. The school he goes to has short semesters as it is (8 weeks) so he'd end up missing a lot. We could go for two weeks in between semesters but he is trying to take a week long class down in Berlin which is the week before fall semester starts, that would only leave us with a week. There is no way we are going to spend that much money to fly back for a week. We may end up going to Barcelona instead.. but we'll see. It'd be nice to go back. Nathan hasn't been back since we had our wedding which by then will be almost 2 years. I don't know, things to think about.

I got accepted into Sullivan University. I start in the fall, all online. I'm excited to get back into school. I think I am finally to the point where it is something that I want rather than something I feel I need to do. More motivation will hopefully equal greater success.

No comments:

Post a Comment