Friday, June 24, 2011

Done

So. I did it. It's been done. My breasts are now the size I have been wanting for too long. Well, hopefully. They are bandaged down and I haven't had the chance to see them yet. I can notice a difference though.

I cried before the surgery. I tried hard not to, but lets face it, I'm a wimp.
I hoped that they would knock me out before I ever made it into the operating room, they didn't. I don't do well with cold infamiliar places, especially when I know something big is about to take place. 

I remember when they knocked me out. It was like I was on acid (I'm assuming since I've never touched the stuff). There were a lot of colors and shapes and I had a really annoying song stuck in my head. I also remember feeling myself start to wake up. I remember hearing them roll me down the hall and hearing Nathan's voice when I was finally in my room.

When I woke up the first time I was still completely exhausted. The doctor came in and even he could tell that I was not completely there. The nurse tried explaining how to take care of the wounds but I couldn't focus on her so she told Nathan instead. I was so tired but I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep. I've always been a "side sleeper" so having to sleep on my back has been miserable.

I was nauseous the first few days. The only other surgery I've had is my wisdom teeth and I didn't do well with the anesthesia or the pain meds then so I should have known I'd have the same problem. Let's hope for my sake that I never have to have surgery again. I have an incredibly weak stomach. I can deal with the muscle and incision pain, it's the nausea that just killed me.

The past two days I've been doing really well. I can move my arms quite a bit more and I've been able to eat things slowly. I actually went grocery shopping yesterday. It felt good to get out of the house. Today is the first day that I was able to get out of bed by myself. Before I would have to wait for Nathan to wake up or call him so he could help me. I hate relying so much on someone else.

I have to wear my bandage for 10 days. I get it off next Wednesday. They will also remove the stitches and drain tubes. I can't lift anything for 3 weeks and I have to wear a sports bra for awhile. Oh the things we do for self esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment