Friday, April 29, 2011

Bazaar

This will be a quick one because I'm running on less sleep than I normally get. When I am tired I am also cranky. I almost had to drink Red Bull today to keep me awake, and I NEVER drink energy drinks. We'll see how tomorrow pans out, I'm going to go to bed soon and we don't have to wake up quite as early.
Anyways, all this week we've been working like crazy to finish up all the last minute projects we had. Last night, we did all the baking we were going to do. Lauren and Ashley were here until almost one and then we had to wake up early to go set up our booth. It was all pretty easy, I tried to make it as pretty as I could.
We actually did pretty well for it being our first and slowest day. It picked up a lot after everyone got off work so I can only imagine how tomorrow and Sunday will be. I'm happy with that. It was also probably the hardest day because we had Noah and Aiden with us. We brought some extra fabrics and a sewing machine to add more things but it was so hard with two little rugrats. I got to see a lot of people I knew, but then again, I'm used to that. I was tagged in a facebook note the other day about military wives.
Tomorrow me and Lauren are going to take turns walking around the rest of the Bazaar. I already spotted a few things I'd like to add to our house. :)
We took our car into the shop this week. Originally, the mechanic thought it would end up being totaled but we got an email yesterday saying that it'd just be a lot to fix it. Thank goodness! I hate car shopping.
We bought a new tv this week also. 58 inch. There is really no need for a tv this big but Nathan just had to have it. It's actually really nice and definitely better than our half 3D not by choice tv. :)
Noah rolled from back to front for the first time today. He's been rolling front to back for awhile now but just never mastered the other. I love small mile stones. I'm not sure if or when he'll crawl but I imagine he'll be walking pretty quick. He loves his walker. Also, this gums are unusally white recently so I'm wondering if that means a tooth is in our near future. I love him so much!
Okay going to bed now because it's getting hard to think.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to sound like a know-it-all because I'm definitely not--but make sure he crawls a lot before he walks. It's essential for their reading/math development skills. I think you're so brave and strong, the military life is tough--you're tough, and I admire you for it. I love reading your blog! What kind of things do you make for the bazaar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I'm not one of those mom's who doesn't take advice! I'm always willing to listen and learn. I definitely know I am not perfect and there is plenty of room for improvement. :)
    I did read that somewhere actually. I just am not quite sure how to make him start. We lay him on his stomach and then we'll kind of push his legs under him but he just falls over. It's kind of cute until he gets angry and won't lay down at all. He'd rather be standing. He's like a board. Everytime I try to sit him down even he'll push his legs out and not bend so that I'm forced to let him stand. I guess it'll just come with time.. and it is kind of our fault for pushing the bouncer and walker on him at such a young age. It's just hard watching all the other babies his age or even younger start crawling and he really shows no interest in it.
    We made baby blankets, bibs, burp cloths, lovies, hooded towels, and baby first aid kits (made out of a pot holder and some ziplock bags) for the Bazaar. And the girl that I did it with also bakes, so we made different kinds of cupcakes and rice krispie treats to sell as well. If you were talking about in general, people sell all kinds of hand made crafts or things like Polish pottery and wine and cheese and antique furniture. There are lots of things to see and buy there. We have them twice a year and I always look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete